With Storm Season approaching, we have compiled some tips to ensure you and your home stay safe
During storm season in Brisbane, clogged gutters are some of the most common culprits of damage to
property. Ensuring your gutters are clear of debris is a key factor in safeguarding your house.
- Full gutters can cause drainage problems resulting in an overflow of water escaping onto your property; and eventually can cause the gutter to fall off due to the weight of the water.
- Full gutters can also cause the water to become stagnant creating the perfect breeding ground
for mosquito larvae to hatch. Stagnant water can also cause an unwanted odor.
- Water pooling can also cause your gutters to prematurely rust.
If you believe that your gutters might be blocked, please email : email@example.com so that
we can potentially arrange for this to be attended to.PLEASE NOTE: Please do not climb on ladders to assess the gutters
If you have any trees on your property (even ones that don’t directly hang over your home), ask yourself these questions:
- Does it appear that the branches need to be pruned?
- Is there a large amount of deadwood on these trees?
- Do any trees appear to be unstable?
- Are there any trees/branches growing into POWER LINES?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org so that
we can have a professional address the issues, ensuring you and your family stay safe this summer.
Important Updates and Contact Numbers
It is very useful to keep a list of emergency contacts, including the SES and Energex, in the case of a
fallen powerline or power outage. The Bureau of Meteorology also has great updates on any weather
patterns that could affect you, visit bom.com.au
SES: 132 500
Energex: 13 62 62