Do I Need Renters Insurance?

By Arrive
Friday, 24 February 2017

If you’re renting a flat or if you’re part of a house share, you might need a contents insurance policy to protect your belongings.

Protecting Your Belongings

Getting the right cover for your contents while you live in somebody else’s property is easy with most insurance companies. They help protect your belongings from loss or damage caused by insured events such as fire, theft and storm. Generally, you are protected against damage and loss caused by:

  • Fire and Theft
  • Storm, Lightening, water from leaking pipes
  • Flood
  • Accidental breakage of glass

And most standard policy benefits include new for old replacement, legal liability cover and credit cards – cover for loss or theft.

Discover what your home is worth in today's market

With many policies priced from as little as $1 a day, can you afford not to be covered??

Karen Herbert

Article by Karen Herbert

Karen is a leading authority in leasing and managing property in Brisbane. A successful entrepreneur, she previously operated her own specialist Property Management company that went on to became one of the most prominent in Brisbane. After 20 years in the industry, Karen recognised the need to s...Read more

You May Also Like...

How much more rental reform can Queensland cop, asks REIQ
Fri May 05, 2023
NEW Tenancy Laws | Minimum Housing Standards
Fri April 14, 2023
Autumnal UPDATE | NEW LISTINGS | What’s On | TRANSFORM Your Space with ARRIVE
Fri March 03, 2023
The Ideal Season for Pest Treatment
Thu November 10, 2022
Top 5 Advantages of Rentvesting
Mon October 10, 2022