Do You Really Need to Get Your Air-Conditioner Serviced?
With the summer months approaching, your air-conditioner is sure to get a workout as the temperature hits the 30s and above. Even if you don’t suspect any problems with your unit, heating and cooling experts suggest it is necessary to have it inspected, services and cleaned once a year – ideally in the spring (now!) – to guarantee it operates at optimum energy efficiency and will effectively keep you cool this summer.
Why is it important to service your air-conditioning unit?
- General use of your unit will result in it accumulating dust and dirt in key functioning areas such as the condensing coils and air filters, both of such affect its energy efficiency.
- Regular servicing also improves the unit’s efficiency. Experts warn that for every year of operation in which you do not service your aircon, it loses 5% of its efficiency. After 3 years therefore, the efficiency of your air conditioner will have decreased by 15%. This adversely affects its performance.
- Regular servicing also locates and addresses small problems that if left, could grow into much bigger problems that are more expensive to repair.
- The encouraging news is that, with regular maintenance, you can recover a high percentage of the lost efficiency. According to research, regular aircon servicing will give it 95% of its original efficiency. Thus, the amount of money that you use to service your unit can be recovered very quickly in terms of reduced monthly electricity bills and reduced costs of repair.
- An air conditioner that is properly serviced also dehumidifies your home.
Our Exclusive Deal For Our Arrive Clients