Springwood, a suburb in Logan City, is 19 km from Brisbane City. Before the arrival of European settlers, the area was inhabited by indigenous people from the Jaggera and Yugambeh language groups.
The town centre in the north-west along the Pacific Motorway is where a lot of commercial activity happens. An area unofficially called Chatswood Hills in the south-east is where many commercial developments are also happening. The rest of Springwood is composed of middle-class residential areas.
Springwood is a quiet, family-friendly suburb and lots of green space. Every amenity you need is near, such as schools, transport and shops, and is close enough to the coast for weekends at the beach.
Leisure and Shopping
Springwood is home to 17 parks, which cover almost 9% of its total are. Some of these parks are Barbara Park, Magellan Park, Springwood Conservation Park and Springwood Park. Picnic areas, playgrounds, barbeque equipment (electric), bike paths and skate facilities are commonly found in these parks. Bird watching is offered at Springwood Conservation Park.
The suburb has three shopping malls. Springwood Shopping Mall is anchored by two major department stores, Target and Woolworths. It has a range of cafes and takeaway food outlets and a number of specialty shops. Arndale Shopping Centre has a Coles supermarket and discount stores. Chatswood Central Shopping Centre offers a Woolworths department store and over 15 specialty stores.
- Population: 8,990 (2011 Census)
- Median age: 37 years old
- Average household size: 2.6
Top 5 Resident Lifestyles in Springwood
- Older couples and families
- Established couples with children
- Maturing couples with children
- Maturing and established independence
- Older Independence
Top 5 Occupations of Residents
- Clerical and administrative workers
- Technicians and trades workers
- Sales workers
- Springwood Road State School
- Springwood State High School
- Springwood Central State School
- Chatswood Hills State School
- A campus of Calvary Christian College
The main bus station in the area, Springwood Bus Station, is serviced by TransLink bus routes.