Arrive FAQ

Got questions? You’ve come to the right place!

Click on the option that applies to you:

For Tenants

Hello to our current and prospective tenants!


See a good looking property that caught your eye?
Why not apply for it? Download an Xperience Realty Application Form

You are required to pay rental bond at the start of your tenancy. Fill up a bond form, send it to us, and we will lodge it with the RTA until the end of the tenancy.
Make sure you complete this Bond Lodgement Form
(You can read more at the RTA website here.)

We will provide you with an entry condition report when you start your tenancy.
It records the condition of the property at the start of the tenancy (See here for a longer explanation). Make sure you complete and sign your part of the report, and return it to us. Click here to email your scanned signed copy back.

… and of course, make sure to pay rent on time!
When you start your tenancy, you must pay 4 weeks worth of bond and 2 weeks of rent in advance. We’ve written it here on this web page for you, so please don’t say you didn’t know! #ignoranceisnotbliss

One more thing. We always issue Welcome Packs to our new tenants. If you’d like another copy, please download it here.


What happens at a routine inspection?
From time to time, you’ll see what we will need to access your property. Don’t worry, we’re not spying on you. We’re just there to quickly complete a routine inspection to check that the property is being kept in good order. No need to freak out, but if it’s a mess, please check this list for top tips for how you can make it look pretty again (and save money on professional cleaning).

Is something broken or not working in your rental property?
We’ll need it in writing, so download a Fix My Home Form

What if I want to break my lease?
Answer: Please don’t! But we understand that life happens. Something might happen to your visa or other circumstances may force you to leave. In this case, always talk to your property manager and try to come to an agreement if you need to move out early. Also, make sure to read the information from the RTA here.


Saying goodbye and moving out?
Make sure to complete this Refund of Rental Bond Form

Finding that you don’t know where to start with all the moving you have to do?
Check out this checklist so you don’t miss anything!


Lockout Procedure for Tenants in 570 Queen Street, Brisbane City

You’ve stepped out for a bit and then… aye caramba! You’ve been locked out of your unit! Or maybe you’ve left your keys in the wash by accident and it’s no longer working (sigh). No worries. Simply present valid ID to reception and they can help you get a new key out. That’s good news.

The not-so-good news? If these problems occur after 6 pm, the guys at reception reserve the right to charge a $75 fee to recode the keys. So guys… keep an eye on your keys!


Visit the RTA’s website here.

For a bond cleaning and end of lease cleaning contact, click here.

For Owner


Landlord Insurance: Terri Scheer

Landlord Insurance: MGA Insurance Brokers

For everything you need to know about smoke alarms including specific State by State legislation: Smoke Alarm Solutions

Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008

Property Occupations Act 2014

QLD Fire Legislation

Plumbing Laws in Queensland

Selling and finding that you don’t know where to start with all the moving you have to do?
Check out this checklist so you don’t miss anything!

Thinking of doing your own electrical work? Make sure you read the below first!

What can happen if I do my own electrical work?
Aside from being illegal, unlicensed and DIY electrical work is dangerous for whoever does the work as well as for the users or anyone else who subsequently comes into contact with the unsafe electrical installation or equipment.

In Queensland, Electrical Safety Inspectors investigate issues of unlicensed work.

People who perform unlicensed and DIY electrical work potentially risk contact with electricity while performing the work, which can have deadly consequences. Additionally, the electrical installation or equipment affected may be unwittingly left in an unsafe state. Due to the latent nature of some electrical faults, this danger may not be immediately apparent. The danger often only becomes evident in a fault situation, or may even develop over time.

Major property damage from an electrical fire is also a real risk which can impose considerable financial, emotional and social costs, especially if it was the result of illegal electrical work, which may lead to an insurer refusing a claim.

What are the penalties?
Apart from injury or death, DIY electrical work is regarded as unlicensed electrical work, which is illegal, and has penalties of up to $40,000 for individuals.

A breach that causes a death or grievous bodily harm attracts a maximum penalty of $100,000 for an individual ($500,000 for a corporation) or two years imprisonment. If a breach causes multiple deaths, the maximum penalty is $200,000 for an individual ($1,000,000 for a corporation) or three years imprisonment.

Electrical licensing
A person who performs electrical work in Queensland must have an electrical work licence authorising the work.